Personnel & Employment
Flowline Alaska has grown a superior team of Engineers, Quality Assurance, and Project Support personnel.
Our team employs two State of Alaska Licensed Professional Engineers (Mechanical and Civil disciplines), three AMPP – (The Association for Materials Protection and Performance), three AWS (American Welding Society) Level-I Certified Welding Inspectors (CWI), two full-time QA/QC personnel, a dedicated materials coordinator and AutoCAD drafter as well as additional project management/office support.
We are a union employer with labor agreements for the following locals:
- International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 302
- Alaska Laborers, Local 942
- UA Local 375 Plumbers & Pipefitters
Position: Project Manager – Estimator
Local piping fabrication shop is seeking qualified Piping/Steel Fabrication project manager, preferably with minimum 10 years’ experience. Candidate will follow projects from estimation phase through shipping and final project closeout.
Position will include the following responsibilities:
- Initial estimation of projects and proposal submittals using company provided estimation programs. The company will provide guidance and training in using estimation programs.
- Prefer candidate with understanding of financial and final cost/manhour review of completed projects and monitoring of in process projects.
- Candidate will need to be detail oriented.
- Candidate will review initial client provided drawings, client specifications and should have knowledge of standard API, AWS and ASME industry codes/standards.
- Candidate should have experience and ability to apply industry codes/standards (API/AWS/ASME) and client specifications to welding procedure creation, management, and application.
- Candidate will work with other staff to oversee all facets of project execution, to include project shop drawings, material receiving and fabrication scheduling of project from beginning to end. Interaction with company project craft and client during project will be required.
- Candidate will use Company established workflow processes and programs.
Previous experience with industry codes and standards (API, ASME, AWS), proven ability to manage multiple fabrication projects simultaneously, experience with establishing project objectives, ability to follow existing policies, procedures & performance standards required. Ability to perform detailed reviews of specifications, drawings, and contract requirements a plus.
Strong computer and communications skills a must.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills, bonus based on company profitability, position is permanent, full-time with a 90-day probationary period and located in Fairbanks, Alaska. Great Benefits. NO Relocation reimbursement. Alaska Resident Preferred.
Applications: Please submit resume and three professional references to email@example.com
Description: Local manufacturing business is seeking a full-time permanent accountant. Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience and preferably hold a processional license as a CPA.
This position requires analytical skills, attention to detail, excellent communication and decision-making capabilities. Ability to work efficiently and independently a plus. Successful candidate should have proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn company specific accounting software (SAGE 100 Contractor SQL)
Job Duties: Position will provide oversight and depending on company accounting controls some duties will be divided between the candidate and other staff. Candidate will be required to understand how all duties are performed but as indicated some duties will be performed by other staff.
- Payroll: Daily payroll entry. Weekly payroll processing and payroll tax deposits. Weekly Child support payments. New-hire processing and reporting, reduction in force employee paperwork and Monthly Union reports. Other HR Duties as they arise. Quarterly and yearly payroll tax reports.
- Daily labor and production reporting, which includes information pulled from previous days payroll and manufacturing information, which includes inventory tracking.
- Accounts Receivable: Maintaining communication between the project managers on status of jobs to ensure expeditious and thorough invoicing as work is completed. Managing accounts receivable remittances and follow up on A/R aging to ensure prompt payments.
- Accounts Payable, management, filing and payment of vendor/supplier invoices.
- Raw material inventory allocations and reconciliations; periodic physical inventory counts will be required. Current raw materials being tracked is limited to less than a dozen items.
As we are a small organization candidate may be required to assist with other miscellaneous office duties, answering phones, filing, processing incoming mail, assistance with insurance renewals/questions, possible client documentation turnover, safety issues/regulations, use of our in-house pipe tracking database for loadouts and job cost analysis reporting to project managers and owners.
As you become familiar with the accounting system and company processes, candidate specific responsibilities will include preparing monthly financial and cost analysis reports for company including on a per job and per “service” basis using standard current formats for project managers and owner’s review.
Candidate specific responsibilities include aiding with other year-end financial activities, including gathering information for yearly audits/reviews and tax preparation deliverable to outside CPA firms for final processing.
Work Hours: Full Time 40 hours per week (with flexibility to work overtime as it arises)
Salary: DOE plus benefits; medical offered, 401k with profit sharing
Location: In office, on-site at business location in Fairbanks, Alaska
Applications: Submit resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org